Friday, July 27, 2012

FO Friday 97

Hi everyone! I'm officially back from my trip and I must say, I miss Madison a LOT. I'd go back in a heartbeat, as the city is so full of life and character. It's very much the Portland of the Midwest, IMO, after being in both only 3 months apart. It was great weather, as we got thunderstorms, rain, sunshine, heat, humidity, and even a little cool. We saw it all. I visited a lot of great yarn stores, and the best part was that quite a few of them have cafes in or attached to them so you can sit all day and knit without bothering anyone. I met some amazing people (yarn/fiber related) and bought a few skeins (all locally dyed), too.

Unfortunately, I don't have an FO to share today, as I was working feverishly on my Hitchhiker shawl, until I started my Featherweight Cardigan. Now that it has my attention (I've already separated for the sleeves and just started it last Friday evening!), the shawl is sitting and crying in the corner. I promise I'll finish it soon, though, as I love it so much. I'll show my progress on both in next week's WIPW. Until then, share your FOs!


17 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing both the Hitchhiker and the Featherweight Cardi on Wednesday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Tami -- I followed your airport misadventures via Twitter, and am so glad you're safely home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That was a doozy! It got worse, as I didn't post while we were stuck in a plane in Minny without AC sitting on the runway for 45 minutes! I didn't get home until 1:30 in the morning and it took 11 hours to get from Madison, WI to San Diego, CA (normally a 4 hour flight w/o layover).

      Delete
    2. Oh good gracious. That sounds so much worse than my "delay on the tarmac" in Munich last weekend. So glad we're both safely on the ground and moving on with life!

      Delete
  3. The image of your shawl crying gave me a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a nice time, can't wait to see the finished products!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you loved my hometown :) I hope that you visited the Sow's Ear because that's one not to miss. Of course, I'm partial to Woodland Studios in Stoughton because that's where it all started with me (my addiction to fiber).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only did I love it, I want to MOVE there! LOL I did go to the Sow's Ear and that's where I bought the yarn! I hung out enjoying a latte around 10 and ended up staying until 2:30 (even had lunch there) because I met some nice people! They invited me to their late night knit night that day but hung out with hubby instead. I also went to the Knitting Tree (that one was okay but the lady was kinda pushy) and Lakeside Knits, which I loved and loved Lakeside Cafe. I went to Lakeside Cafe 3 different times and hung out. Can't beat the view, comfy couches and great coffee!

      I didn't know about Woodland Studios! Shoot! Next time. The ladies at Sow's Ear were also telling me about the Blackberry Fiber mill! They told me to call for a tour but I ran out of time.

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to seeing shawl progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy coming here and looking up some great things made by some crafty people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! I look forward to sharing my projects again with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting; looking forward to taking a peek at the other FOs this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back. Well, it's not always possible to have an FO every week. Looking forward to seeing your projects when they are done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back, we're happy to have you with us again!

    ReplyDelete