Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year and A List of Hopes!

Can you believe it?? We're in a new year! Happy New Year to everyone! 2012 was an amazing year for me, and I'm super sad for it to leave. Candy Skein was as successful as I hoped, and I now have a studio dedicated to working. My husband and I celebrated our 5th year wedding anniversary and moved into our dream house. The Los Angeles Kings won the Stanley Cup (I thought I'd never say those words). We were able to visit my husband's family a few times in Wisconsin. I could really go on and on why '12 was so good to us. It's really amazing. And of course, I have all of you who support me and WIPW/FO Friday thoughout the year. Your kind comments here, on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook make each and every day fun/exciting/loving. Thank you!

One thing 2012 wasn't good for was my resolution list I made last year at this time (click the link if you'd like to go back and read last year's). I only accomplished a few of them. That's why I'm calling this year's list a List of Hopes. It's what I hope to accomplish, more than resolutions that I feel need to be accomplished.

My 2013 List of Hopes:

  1. To knit more from my stash- I know I said this last year and gave a percentage. I don't want this to be something stressful, or where I feel like I need to hit a certain goal. I just hope to use some of the gorgeous yarn already purchased. That doesn't mean I won't be buying more yarn! After all, I'm going to Stitches West in February!
  2. To learn colorwork- This was on my list last year and it never happened. I hope to accomplish it this year.
  3. To finish the two sweaters already started and start two more- I'm 90% done with two sweaters (the Abalone and the Featherweight Cardigan). I'm not sure what's stopping me from finishing them! 
  4. To finish the Woodlands Sampler Cross Stitch and steampunk cross stitch- I signed up for the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's 2013 Woodlands sampler. I'd like to finish it within the year (you get a little picture each month) and also to start and finish the steampunk cross stitch pattern I purchased for my husband's music/computer room.
  5. To learn how to sew (better) and feel comfortable following a sewing pattern- pretty self explanatory.
  6. To post more here- I know I promise this a lot, but I really do want to post more here. I think with my studio, I'll have more time as my work is streamlined.
  7. To double my sales with Candy Skein and aquire more wholesale accounts- In 2012 I hoped to triple my sales, from '11 to '12 which I did. I'd like to double my 2012 sales! We'll see how that goes.
  8.  To make more time to read- I used to read on average 2 books a week, but now I'm nowhere near that. Most of my reading time has gone to my craft hobbies but I'd like to get back to at least a book a week.

That's it for my goals! I'd love to hear some of yours if you'd like to share them in the comments section or link to your blog if you've written a post!


 I'd also like to share one last thing. What a perfect time to unveil the January '13 colorway, Pink Champagne. This yarn is available starting today in Yummy fingering on the website. Here's the link!



 Have a happy and safe New Year! See you Wednesday, as I have a new project on the needles to share.

Tami


6 comments:

  1. Hi Tami! I wish you a happy new year! For this year i have some goals too: first i want to work with what i love: knitting and yarns, after i want to buy a house, for this i will still work with i do not like for a while, my goals, or wishes are these, just it....
    i wish you can realize yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I love your list of hopes, it certainly takes some of the pressure off your shoulders not to 'have' to accomplish a goal. All the best for 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I'm sure you'll smash your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Tami! Those are very good goals!

    Some of mine are:
    * Knit a sweater
    * Use up stash yarn
    * getaringonmyfingerfrommylovingboyfriendof10yearsahem
    * not stress about everything

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hau oli makahiki hou! I am happy to read how you'll be at Stitches West this year, in a booth with all of your yummy yarn? Great goals you have listed.
    I think one of mine are to knit from my stash more and to knit at least two garments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to you also. I think most of us can identify with your wish list, perhaps with a few personalised changes, so you are not alone. My days always run out before the To Do list. Just love the Pink Champagne.

    ReplyDelete